What Can I Do about My Varicose Veins? Current treatment options for varicose veins
You’ve noticed the veins in your legs are much more prominent than before. They are enlarged and bulging and sometimes painful. You stand a lot at your job and you’re wondering if that might be why your legs don’t look like they used to. You may have varicose veins, but that doesn’t mean you need to be stuck with them. There are modern treatment options available, and the professionals at Vein Specialties in St. Louis, MO are just the people who can help.
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are enlarged veins--commonly in your feet and legs--caused by the pressure on veins from constant standing or walking. You might not feel any symptoms at all, and varicose veins are just a common cosmetic problem for you; however, varicose veins can also be painful, causing a persistent throbbing ache.
How Can You Treat Varicose Veins?
There are some things you can do to prevent or lessen the effects of varicose veins, including:
- Manage your weight to minimize pressure on your legs and leg veins
- Follow a low salt diet to prevent water retention and swelling in your legs
- Walk frequently to stimulate blood circulation in your legs
- Wear low-heeled shoes and loose clothes
- Don’t sit with your legs crossed
- Move around every 30 minutes, and don’t sit or stand for long periods
- Elevate your legs frequently
You should see the St. Louis doctors at Vein Specialties if you continue to have problems. Your doctor can suggest additional treatments including:
- Laser treatments - to seal varicose veins
- Microphlebotomy - to remove large surface veins
- Diode laser treatments - the treatment of choice for vein ablation
Don't let varicose veins interrupt your life. Whether they are a cosmetic issue or causing painful symptoms, there is help. Explore the Vein Specialties website for more information on available treatments for varicose veins. You owe it to yourself to see a specialist, so call the professionals at Vein Specialties in St. Louis, MO. Don’t wait, call today and get rid of the pain of varicose veins!